Wednesday, October 19, 2011

An announcement...and more pictures



As I've mentioned in my last few posts, NOLS Patagonia, while undoubtedly amazing and beautiful, has also felt a bit frantic at times. In turn, every time I look at the calendar I'm amazed to see that I've been here for nearly two months already! My personal goals to explore the region, get a grasp of the language and culture, learn about the inter-workings of NOLS, and build relationships, often with people I cannot easily communicate with, are all challenges that require significant time and effort. With all that in mind, I was getting concerned by how quickly I seemed to be running out of time.




About two weeks ago, Rachael, the NOLS Patagonia director, informed me that funding exists to hire another employee for the equipment team, with whom I've already been working closely. She graciously offered me the chance to stay here for 3 additional months. So, instead of leaving Patagonia in the heart of summer and returning to Chicago in the dead of winter, I have decided to extend my stay until the end of March. This morning I went to town to get my new contract notarized and to sign my work visa. So that's that...it's official. See you all in April!

And now for pictures...








Woke up one morning to this face staring into my window. I call her Sally.

1/8th of the food for one course...2 tons total


Scorpio is the curly constellation directly above the distant snow-caps 
New additions to el campo

2 comments:

  1. Great news!! Glad you did not hesitate and are continuing to soak this experience up! Inspiring as always...love the pictures! lish

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweeeet!!! gorgeous pic, nate, and looks like i might see you down there! PS, state of CA choose one of the bike pix of you and josh for their guide :).

    xoxo,
    tai

    ReplyDelete