Friday, November 18, 2011

Las Cavernas de Mármol

If you caught my last post, you read about my stay near Lago General Carrera, which is the second largest lake in South America. It is also home to Las Cavernas de Mármol, one of the few marble cave systems in the world and arguably amongst the most beautiful. They've been carved by el Rio Tranquilo carrying glacial silt across the limestone for millions of years. It is this same glacial silt that gives the lake its incredible color. I went on the trip with two German guys, a Chileno, and our Chileno guide.

























And, for Carrie, a few more of Lambekins...




2 comments:

  1. Precious! I want to eat him up because he looks so cute. Pretty soon I'll want to eat him up because he'll be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have fresh lamb for Thanksgiving.. crazy.

    ReplyDelete